Friday, April 16, 2010

Yipeee! It's finished!



PTL, it is finished at last!!! I stayed up late last night finishing Joe's quilt and it will be going to the post office this afternoon. It was an adventure, for sure. I have learned so much during the process. Some of the lessons I could have done without, like the blocks not stitching out to the proper size and the bobbin thread pulling to the top during some of the stippling. I have learned that I hate using invisible thread! It is a pain in the patootie because of its tendency to curl. Next time it will be plain old cotton thread.

I hope the little guy likes the end product. I am afraid when he compares his to the ones made by experienced quilters that he will be disappointed. I have seen pictures of quite a few of the other quilts made for this school project and am embarrased to have some of these women see the pictures of mine. I am hoping that the children will just be happy with all of the quilts and realize that some of them were made by long-time quilters, but they were all made with love.

From now one, I guess I will stick with blankets for Project Linus. We have such a wide variety of people making blankies for PL in many different styles that the children can always find one they love. I won't be making my blankets for any one child in particular.

Now it is on to finishing several UFOs that I have in the works. I have aprons to emborider for the Youth with a Mission Jamaica team to take with them in June, a curtain panel to shorten for a friend, a pillowcase to make for another friend for her granddaughter's birthday in June, etc.... In other words, I will stay out of trouble for a long time!

Check back in a few days to see what I've been doing. Tomorrow it is our PL chapter's Quilting Bee, so I pray that my serger, Bernie, will behave and that we get a lot accomplished. (He doesn't like QBs for some reason and misbehaves regularly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment