Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Stippling


Today is stippling day! Last night Arthur Itis came to visit and made my sleep almost non-existant, but stipple I must! Needless to say, I won't get the binding on today... perhaps tomorrow.

At church we are always talking about stretching ourselves out of our comfort zone, so today I am really stretched! It has been fun and is almost like back in my cake decorating days when I did cornelli lace. One big rule of cornelli is to never cross a previous line of icing. Well, if the same rule applies to free-motion quilting, I am in big trouble with the Quilting Police! I don't think the third grade at Sheridan School has any of those around, so I should be safe.

Here is a picture of my progress. BTW, all of the instructions I have seen on free-motion quilting never mentioned what to do if the bobbin thread runs out. I punted and just started back where I had stopped when the thread ran out. My machine only prompts me when the bobbin thread runs out, not in advance of the occurance. 8-(

No comments:

Post a Comment