Saturday, August 4, 2012

A few Summer Projects

Where has this hot and humid summer gone? It is a wonder any of us have survived to tell the tale! Fall is coming, just not fast enough.

My sewing room is NOT air conditioned, but I'm thankful for the fan I have going most of the time I'm in here. It seems that I get one foot forward and then fall back two. I've been trying to make some bias binding for a project for our niece for her baby before we leave on vacation, but I have now managed to mess up two quarter-yard pieces of fabric. Maybe the third try will work.

Here are a couple of projects I managed to finish, even though I have been fighting deep depression and the heat. One is a little sippy cup I found at Hobby Lobby embroidered with a sweet little ducky. I am trying to make Kristin baby things with a rubber ducky theme and this is the first one I have completed.


I also embroidered an apron for my friend and neighbor Marie. She was with me when I was at Hobby Lobby and mentioned that she could use an apron when she is working in the kitchen. Here is the one I gave her.




No comments:

Post a Comment