Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Kyla's Pillowcase


I kind of forgot to post the picture of the pillowcase I made for a friend to give to her granddaughter the end of May. It was a fun project for a young horse lover. Pillowcases are a sewing project I enjoy making; not so much sewing and ripping as in most of my other sewing projects. I wasn't nicknamed "Grace the Ripper" for nothing back in home ec. in high school!

I posted the picture on artisticthreadworks.com and it was selected as the picture of the week. As a result, I got a three-month subscription extension. I am so happy that their computer randomly chose my posting!

I also made a boring window panel for a friend's back door and made two batches of black raspberry jelly since my last post. They weren't really creative, but they are finished projects! I have more than enough UFOs hanging around, for sure!
I've also been cutting fleece fabric for blankets for Project Linus. I'll post pictures when I get some of them finished. I am procrastinating on them because I don't know what to embroider on the plain ones.

That's it for now.

1 comment: